Group Legal Counsel
Application deadline: January 2
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Application deadline: January 2
Work place: Høvik
Job type: Group Legal Counsel
Kind of position: Permanent
Local Unit & Position Description
Group Legal is responsible for providing legal advice to all business areas in DNV on a global basis and consist of 35 lawyers and support staff in a distributed team located at Høvik, in Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Hamburg, London and Houston. The Group Legal function is headed by the Group Legal Director at Group headquarters at Høvik and reports to the Group CFO.
The Group Legal function is organized to achieve industry focus in its support to DNV and its business areas; Maritime, Energy Systems, Business Assurance, Supply Chain & Product Assurance and Digital Solutions. The set up include teams with dedicated business area responsibilities.
Group Legal is currently looking for 1 lawyer to join the Digital Solutions Team.
This team leads the support to the Digital Solutions business area (DS), Global Shared Services (GSS) and Group Research and Development (GRD). The Digital Solutions Business area contains a software house and the Veracity industry platform. GSS provides shared HR, finance and IT services to DNV globally while GRD executes strategic research.
The team supports digitalization- and business development initiatives, develop standard contracts and negotiate a wide range of contracts and support DNV’s IP portfolio.
We are looking for a professional with confidence and a curious, proactive attitude towards problem-solving.
- Master of Law degree or equivalent with solid academic credentials
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant working experience, preferably in IT-law, IPR and data protection regulations
- Admitted to bar and have all necessary practicing certificates to practice law in Norway
- Excellent communication skills, both soft, oral and written.
- Professional proficiency in both Norwegian and English. Other language skills are considered an advantage.
- Monitor, assess and advise the business on legal and regulatory issues that impact the current service portfolio; reporting requirements; and the development of new services.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Opportunity to collaborate with world-class universities and industry partners, to publish work in international journals and attend scientific conferences.
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
For more information about the position, please contact:
Thina E. Ytterhorn, Deputy Legal Director, +47 90658490
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Whether assessing a new ship design, optimizing the performance of a wind farm, analyzing sensor data from a gas pipeline or certifying a food company’s supply chain, we enable our customers and their stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence.
Our employees are driven by a common purpose: to safeguard life, property, and the environment. We help tackle the challenges and global transformations facing our customers and the world today and we are a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful and forward-thinking companies.